Saint Nicholas Church exists to be a community of faith where individuals are brought to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and are raised to become His mature disciples. This is why, from the very beginning, we have put these five purposes in writing and have built our church upon this solid foundation.
The Purpose of Saint Nicholas Episcopal Church is to make disciples by:
1. Bringing people to share in our praise of Christ (WORSHIP);
2. Leading them to know and enjoy their relationship in Christ with each other (FELLOWSHIP);
3. Teaching them to grow in Christ (DISCIPLESHIP);
4. Equipping them to serve Christ (SERVICE/MINISTRY) and;
5. Training them for thier mission to share Christ with others (OUTREACH).
This is why we ask every member of our church family to make a personal commitment to God and to the other members to support our common purposes, and to share in the work of fulfilling them. As long as we remain faithful to God by focusing on these purposes, we will continue to bear fruit and give glory to God.
"This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:8